🥛 1 man, 2 robot dogs, and 8,000 Bitcoin
- Writer Milk Man
- July 26, 2022
- •3 Min Read
GM. This is the Milk Road, the newsletter that makes learning crypto fun & easy.
Let’s get into the good stuff:
- FTX & Voyager are beefing
- 1 man, 2 robot dogs, 8000 BTC
- Chipotle giving away $200k in free crypto
- Meme of the day
ONE MAN, TWO ROBOT DOGS, AND 8,000 LOST BTC
Get ya popcorn ready.
This is the story of one man, two robot dogs, and a mission to find 8,000 lost BTC.
James Howells has been in crypto for a while. Mining Bitcoin as early as 2009. But one day he was doing some cleaning and accidentally threw away his hard drive with 8,000 BTC on it…. (which would be ~$175m today)
Now James has a plan to find it and he’s raising $11m to do it.
The plan includes a combo of human sorters, robot dogs, and an A.I-powered machine trained to look for hard drives. Here’s the masterplan:
- Two Robot Dogs will be sweeping the landfill for anything that looks like a hard drive during the day. At night they function as mobile CCTV patrols to make sure no one tries to search for his hard drive
- Human Sorters consist of a team of 8 experts that specialize in everything from landfill excavation to waste management. One of them even helped find the famous black box from the crashed Columbia space shuttle
- A.I-Powered Machines have been trained to spot hard drives that look like the one James lost. Then a mechanical arm will pick out any contenders for the humans to sort through
What will James do with the money if it's found?
- 30% stays with him
- 30% goes to the recovery team
- 30% back to investors
- The rest will go to locals. James wants to give all 150,000 people in his city of Newport, Wales some Bitcoin
James is taking dumpster diving to a whole new level.
FTX & VOYAGER HAVE BEEF
SBF has been crypto’s Knight in Shining Armor. He’s been injecting capital into struggling companies left & right.
Just look at this diagram Blockworks made:
SBF invested in Voyager not too long ago. But now Voyager is saying that the deal he gave was actually a “low-ball bid dressed up as a white knight rescue”. Shots fired.
In fact, Voyager took it one step further and said the proposal was “designed to generate publicity for itself rather than value for Voyager’s customers”
How did SBF respond? With the good ol’ Twitter thread clap-back!
Here’s what he said:
- The offer would actually give Voyager customers back 100% of the remaining assets that Voyager has, including claims on anything recovered in the future
- Voyager consultants are trying to slow down the process so they can charge fees every month and make more $$. Aka letting customers claim their assets quickly isn't favorable for them
So, what? It’s clear that SBF is a net positive for crypto, but when assets are distressed and he's buying, you gotta believe that the once-hot companies he's scooping up aren't happy about their new deals.
TODAY'S EDITION IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY PUBLIC
OK, so as you know at the Milk Road we are all about crypto, crypto with a side of even more crypto.
Well, we have a little confession…
There are more things to invest your money in than just crypto.
Crazy thought but you can also invest in stocks, collectibles, NFTs, trading cards, art & more.
That’s where our sponsor Public.com comes in - they’re an investing platform that helps people be better investors.
Here’s what makes Public different from everyone else out there:
1. Invest in any fractional asset. Whether it’s stocks, ETFs, tokens, or soon-to-be NFTs, you can build your portfolio all in one place with just a few clicks of a button.
2. Invest with more context than ever. IDK about you, but when I’m deciding what NFT or token to buy, I’m opening up like 10 different sites and spreadsheets to look at momentum. With Public, that’s all in one spot.
3. They’ve got great weekly shows about what’s happening in crypto. Where they have analysts in the game breakdown what’s happening and where they’re putting their money.
And if you wanna follow the market trends that we’re following at the Milk Road, join Public now (it’s free) and get up to $300 worth of stock when you make that first deposit.
Paid endorsement for Open to the Public Investing, member FINRA & SIPC. Not investment advice. Cryptocurrency trading provided by Apex Crypto LLC (NMLS ID 1828849). Apex Crypto is licensed by the NY DFS. New customers receive free stock with value $3-300. 0.3% receive the max value.”
CHIPOTLE LAUNCHES A "BUY THE DIP" GAME
There’s a saying in crypto - buy the dip.
Now Chipotle is giving it a new meaning with their Buy The Dip game. From now until July 31, people can play the game to earn one of two prizes:
1/ Free crypto
2/ $0.01 guac or queso blanco
In total, Chipotle is giving out $200k in crypto prizes - with 55 winners getting anywhere between $150 - $2000 every day.
The best part? Everyone gets 3 tries to play the game every day.
Last month, Chipotle announced they're accepting payments in crypto through a partnership with Flexa.
Now, they're getting more and more in Web3 in creative ways.
I just gotta get my $0.01 guac now!
A NEW STORE: SOLANA SPACES
The Apple Store is one of the slickest stores ever designed.
Now, Web3 is getting its own version - Solana Spaces. That’s right, Solana is opening up an IRL store in New York.
The goal? Onboard new users into the Solana ecosystem.
At the store you can:
- Learn how Solana works
- Get your first wallet set up
- Buy your first NFT
- Make your first crypto transactions
Like the genius bar, for crypto.
MEME OF THE DAY
We’ve all been there..
That's a wrap for today, ladies & gents. See ya tomorrow!
Ben "2% Milk" Levy & Diego "El Lechero" Salinas
A ROADERS REVIEW
VITALIK PIC OF THE DAY
What'd you think of today's email?
DISCLAIMER: None of this is financial advice. This newsletter is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any assets or to make any financial decisions. Please be careful and do your own research.
Get smarter about crypto
Join 250,000+ subscribers and get our 5 min daily newsletter on what matters in crypto.