Joining crypto communities is a large part of the crypto experience. Almost every crypto project has a dedicated community supporting it, helping newcomers, and giving advice. The top platforms that host these communities are Discord, Reddit, and Telegram. Below, we take a brief look at some of the top crypto communities across these three platforms.
Top Discord Crypto Groups
Today, practically every crypto project has a Discord server. The open network nature of blockchain projects requires a gathering place where token holders can interact. Discord has grown to fill this niche, and lots of the most important crypto conversations are happening in these communities. Below are some of our picks for the top Discord crypto communities.
1. Axion Crypto-Community: Best Overall
- 53,000 members
- The Axion Crypto-Community is our top overall pick for crypto Discord servers. With a base of 50,000+ members, a number that’s growing by the day, this trading-focused Discord provides trade signals, entry and exit points for trades, and even technical analysis. VIP members get access to premium chats where they can receive expert advice.
2. Larva Labs: Best For NFTs
- 73,000 members
- Larva Labs is the company responsible for some of the most popular non-fungible token (NFT) collections. Their flagship collections are the CryptoPunks and Meebits. The Larva Labs Discord is a great choice for NFT traders and enthusiasts who are looking for a supportive community in the space.
3. Cracking Crypto: Best for Learning about Crypto
- 13,000 members
- Crypto can feel overwhelming at first. Thankfully, communities like the Cracking Crypto Discord server are here to help you get up to speed on crypto concepts, jargon, and trading strategies. Training materials include videos and journals, and the server is split into channels based on different topics, allowing you to brush up on any aspect of crypto and blockchains.
View our full list of crypto Discord communities.
Top Reddit Crypto Communities
Reddit is the most popular forum on the internet and you can find discussions on any topic under the sun on the website. It’s no surprise, then, that Reddit has a vibrant ecosystem of social crypto communities. On Reddit, each community is called a “subreddit” and each subreddit revolves around a specific topic. We highlight some of our picks for the top Reddit communities below.
1. r/CryptoCurrency: Best Large Crypto Groups
- 5,800,000 members
- r/CryptoCurrency is the one-stop-shop for anything and everything related to crypto on Reddit. Whether it’s news, announcements, discussions, or advice threads, you can find it all here. The r/CryptoCurrency subreddit also features a Discord channel with over 40,000 members, a comprehensive wiki page, and even a “predictions” section where Redditors predict future cryptocurrency prices.
2. r/CryptoMarkets: Best for Traders
- 1,200,000 members
- When it comes to trading, r/CryptoMarkets is the place to be. While many of the posts can get deep into technical analysis of the markets, new traders are welcome and many of the subreddit’s members are happy to share their strategies and market outlook for free. It’s not all serious, too — in true Reddit fashion, the subreddit is full of crypto trading memes and jokes.
3. r/Bitcoin: Best For Bitcoin Traders
- 4,700,000 members
- No list of crypto communities is complete without the most devout crypto believers of them all — Bitcoiners. The r/Bitcoin subreddit is dedicated to news, discussion, and trading tips for the BTC cryptocurrency. The subreddit also has a list of helpful resources for beginners that can help you get up to speed on Bitcoin and crypto as a whole.
Check out our full list of Reddit crypto communities.
Top Telegram Crypto Communities
Telegram is a popular chat and messaging app similar to WhatsApp. It was originally meant to be a platform for one-on-one instant messaging, but over the years the app has become home to a wide range of group chats and feeds. Below we take a look at our top picks for Telegram crypto communities.
1. DeFi Million: Best for DeFi
- 152,000 members
- DeFi Million is one of the biggest Telegram channels dedicated to DeFi news and project launches. Unlike many other Telegram channels, DeFi Million is arranged as a feed of project news that includes new token launches, industry announcements, and the latest trends.
2. Learn2Trade: Best for Traders
- 42,000 members
- Learn2Trade is a free Telegram channel which provides “crypto signals”. Crypto signals are recommendations for trades based on a variety of indicators including technical analysis and industry expertise. Learn2trade has both a free and a paid tier, and provides daily analyses and real-time alerts.
3. Airdrop: Best for Free Airdrops
- 1,000,000 members
- Airdrops are a popular mechanism that cryptocurrency projects use to put their tokens into the wallets of crypto supporters. Many airdrops are free, since they’re a method for a project to kickstart its adoption. The Airdrop Telegram group keeps track of new and upcoming airdrops and delivers them to members in a feed.
Other Crypto Social Communities
The adoption of crypto has led to an explosion in the number of crypto communities out there. While Discord, Reddit, and Telegram host the biggest communities, crypto groups can be found on practically every social media platform. Some additional examples include paid communities like Rocket Fuel Crypto and Facebook groups like the Ethereum group.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are crypto communities important?Expand to learn more
Many projects use their Discord, Reddit, and Telegram channels to communicate with their communities.
You can stay up to date on the progress of the project, connect with other members who are invested in the project, and get help and advice from the community as a whole.
Which crypto project has the best community?Expand to learn more
It’s difficult to determine if any one project has a better community than another. When choosing crypto projects to become a part of, it’s important to make sure the project has an active community and aligns with your trading goals.
What are the top crypto communities?Expand to learn more
The largest crypto community on Reddit is r/CryptoCurrency. It’s difficult to tell which Discord and Telegram communities are largest, but servers from companies like Larva Labs and OpenSea have large, active, and reputable communities.