Top 5 NFT Displays & Frames for Digital Art
- Writer George Hristov
- andEditor Gary Anglebrandt
- February 26, 2023
- •3 Min Read
The Milk Road Promise
We’re committed to helping you get smart about crypto. Some articles feature products from partners who compensate us, but opinions are always our own.
Whether it’s photos of family, pets, or special moments, picture frames are reserved for our priceless memories. There’s a new breed of photo frames, however, which are reserved for our most pricey possessions. … That’s right, I’m talking about NFT digital frames.
There’s no flex quite as in-vogue, yet classy, as a glowing digital photo frame of your Bored Ape, your Clone X, or your Milady NFT. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top NFT digital photo frames you can buy and how you can turn your thousand-dollar JPEGs into posh home decor.
What Is An NFT Display / Frame?
NFT frames are digital displays in the shape of a photo frame that work like small TVs and display digital artwork. You can use NFT frames to physically showcase your digital NFTs around your house or office. They come in many shapes and sizes — from backlit photo frames all the way up to 90”+ displays.
Many frames allow you to change what NFTs are being displayed, while others come “pre-printed” from the manufacturer to only display a single NFT.
Best NFT Displays for March 2023
A wide range of NFT display frames is out there to showcase your treasured JPEGs. They’ll run you anywhere from $120 all the way up to $10k+. Each has its own tradeoffs. Below we cover our top picks for NFT displays.
- Tokenframe: Best Display Overall
- Atomic Form: Best For NFT Art Galleries
- Infinite Objects: Best Photo Frame Display
- NiFTy Displays: Best Affordable Display
- Blackdove Digital Canvas: Best High-End Display
Frame Sizes Provided
Display Different NFTs
10” - 55”
$333 - $2,777
Desktop app only
6.4” - 11.4” photo frame
$120 - $300
12” - 16.5”
$179 - $199
Yes (purchase additional prints)
49” - 98”
$1,512 - $14,700
1. Tokenframe: Best Display Overall
Tokenframe allows NFT collectors to show off their works on a wide range of digital photo frames.
- 7 different sizes and 4 different frame materials
- Affordable, with frames starting at just over $300
- Can change what NFTs are displayed using a mobile app
- Some frame sizes are back ordered and go out of stock often
- Four frame options, including birch, mahogany, solid white, and solid black
- An NFT gallery app that allows you to cast any of your NFTs to the photo frames (support included for over 50 crypto wallets)
- Automatic rotation depending on whether the frame is mounted in portrait or landscape orientation
- Pay in crypto or with a credit card
What Sets It Apart
Tokenframe is great for the average NFT holder who wants to display multiple NFTs but doesn’t want to worry about monthly subscriptions.
2. Atomic Form: Best for NFT Art Galleries
Atomic Form is known for top-of-the-line quality. The company's frames power galleries at auction houses like Christie’s, Sotheby’s, and Art Basel.
- Can be used to display different NFTs and organize your collection
- Use the Atomic Form Photon to turn any display into an NFT photo frame
- Only one 27-inch frame size that comes in at $1,500
- Caters more to galleries and large-scale showcases
- Lots of customizability, including size, aspect ratio, color of the matte, artist info, name, and NFT contract address
- Portrait and landscape orientation tracking
- 4k playback with a slideshow option
- Comes standard with WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth audio, and a five-button user interface
What Sets It Apart
The Atomic Form Wave is a great choice for those looking to buy a professional NFT display that integrates with the Atomic Form desktop app.
3. Infinite Objects: Best Photo Frame Display
The Infinite Objects NFT Video Print is a photo-frame-sized NFT display.
- Choose from three frame sizes that start at $120
- Frames for non-NFT digital art are also available
- Infinite Objects has an exclusive membership NFT available for purchase that gives you access to real-life events and first dibs on new artwork releases
- Video-only plans for a single loop
- No app or way to change what display shows
- Only certain artist-approved NFTs (https://support.infiniteobjects.com/en-US/what-nfts-can-i-print-88012) currently available for print
- Choice of acrylic or bamboo frames
- Partnerships with Top Shot and Chromie Squiggles make printing a breeze
- Displays rated for minimum lifetime of five years always-on; come with battery so your artwork can display for two hours on a single charge
- Infinite Objects also offers collection of non-NFT digital artworks for as low as $79 per video frame
What Sets It Apart
The small frame size makes the Infinite Objects NFT Video Print a perfect bookshelf or bedside table accessory.
4. NiFTy Displays: Best Affordable Display
NiFTy Displays are LED-backlit acrylic frames for your digital art that illuminate physical prints.
- Start at $179
- Purchase more prints for only $49
- 6+ hours of battery life
- Not a true display, just a backlight illumination of a print
- Only acrylic frame materials available
- Choose from a 12” square frame or a 16.5” portrait frame for your backlit display
- Initial purchase comes with 1 NFT print; can purchase additional prints for $49 each
- Magnetic mounting system for hanging on walls
- Add a custom QR code to the backlit display that can be scanned to verify ownership of the NFT
What Sets It Apart
The NiFTy Display backlit frame is a great option for those who don’t want to break the bank.
5. Blackdove Digital Canvas: Best High-End Display
The Blackdove Digital Canvas is our pick for the best high-end NFT display.
- Premium display that can stay on 24/7 and comes with a three-year warranty
- Display different NFTs through the Blackdove app
- Expensive — setting you back as much as $14,700
- Monthly subscription (starting at $19.99/mo) required to display your own NFTs
- Choose from three types of frame materials
- Blackdove offers white-glove in-home installation of its displays
- Mobile and web apps allow you to manage your displayed artwork across multiple Blackdove screens
- All displays provide 4k, 60 frames/second playback
What Sets It Apart
The Blackdove Digital Canvas provides 4k, 60-frames-per-second playback that tops the 1080p HD resolutions of many other displays. The white glove installation and fully featured Blackdove app also help to set this display apart.
How To Resize Your NFT for a Display
Some frames require your NFTs to be in a certain aspect ratio to display properly. An “aspect ratio” is simply the ratio of the width to the height of your image. For example, square images have an aspect ratio of 1:1, while most widescreen images are 16:9.
Regardless of whether you’re using a square, landscape, or portrait frame, you may need to resize your NFT to make it look as neat as possible. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Pull up a high-resolution version of your NFT through your wallet application or a website like Opensea.com.
Step 2: Save your NFT as an image from your browser.
Step 3: Navigate to an image editing service like Canva or Photoshop and use the “crop” tool to resize the NFT to your desired size.
Step 4: Export your cropped NFT and send the new image to your NFT photo frame.
To Sum It Up
NFT frames are a great way to bring your non-fungible JPEGs to life in your home or office. Grab an NFT frame to add a chic digital touch to any space while showcasing your digital assets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you frame your NFT?Expand to learn more
Yes, you can frame your NFT by purchasing an NFT digital display.
Upload your NFT artwork to the digital display and watch your image come to life!
How can I display my NFT art?Expand to learn more
You can display your NFT art by using an NFT digital frame. Choose from sizes that range from photo-print all the way up to 90”+ displays.
Can I print and frame an NFT?Expand to learn more
There are some frames, like the ones from NiFTy Displays, that provide a backlight that illuminates physical prints of NFTs.
You can print your own NFT, but it’s recommended that you purchase a print made specifically for a backlit display so that you get the best effect.
How do I display a 3D NFT?Expand to learn more
You can display a 3D or animated NFT just like any other NFT.
In order to physically display your NFTs, you will need to purchase an NFT digital display. These support static images and also video animations, which may be better suited for showcasing your 3D NFT.
What’s an NFT acrylic frame?Expand to learn more
Acrylic is simply the type of material that the NFT frame is made of. It has a distinct, modern look to it.
What is a Qonos NFT frame?Expand to learn more
The Qonos NFT frame is a premium NFT display that comes in several sizes and allows you to display different NFT images and video files. Qonos initially made waves in 2021 when its first 2,000 frames sold out in just 24 hours.
George is a tech writer interested in web3 startups and communities. In the dynamic world of crypto, he stays plugged in to the day-to-day headlines, deep dives, and industry commentary.
Gary Anglebrandt is a US-based editor, copywriter, and communications consultant with a background in business and international news. Beyond the US, he has worked from Seoul and Beijing, and continues to work with professionals based around the globe.
Get smarter about crypto
Join 250,000+ subscribers and get our 5 min daily newsletter on what matters in crypto.